Here is another recipe I dreamt up to enter into the weekly Food52 contest. This week it’s all about olives and citrus, I jotted down the first combination that popped in my head, and here it is…
- 1 cup green olives, drained
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- italian bread slices, toasted
- shredded pecorino romano cheese
Finely dice the olives and tomatoes. Place these in a bowl along with the garlic and onion. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Zest the half the orange, half the lemon and half the lime. Add the juice of the orange to the mixture.
Mince some parsley and mix into the bruchetta. Reserve some for garnish.
Let the bruchetta marinate in the fridge until ready to serve. To serve, top toasted bread slices with some bruchetta, pecorino and parsley.