I was inspired by Nancy on her blog A Recipe A Day when she made her drumettes using a sticky honey-soy sauce glaze. It reminded me of something my family made, or a friend’s family, back home. How could I reminisce and not bake up some chicken?
Maple Chipotle Chicken
All measurements are very approximate, I suggest glugs and pinches as you see fit.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, to coat the pan
- 3-4 Tbsp honey
- 3-4 Tbsp Maple Syrup (the real stuff!)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 – 1 tsp chipotle spice powder, alternatively use the sauce from a can of Goya chipotle adobo peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- about 8 – 10 drumsticks, more if using wings and drumettes
Mix the sauce in a baking dish large enough to fit the chicken pieces in a single layer. Add the chicken (I removed the skin first) and turn to coat. Bake at 375ºF for 45-65 minutes, turning every 15 to 20 minutes so the glaze sticks to the meat. Serve with hot rice and a fresh salad.
Funny tidbit for you. Want to know the top 5 search terms that land on my blog?
- Claire Robinson
- dinner rolls
- mexican casserole
- pluckers spicy ranch wings recipe
Yes, I hold the secrets of the universe because I met Claire and can make poutine!